Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rustic Picture Frames

You can collect the driftwood yourself or you can arrange a nice walk along a river or somewhere "earthy".  I basically got this idea walking along the river with my dog and he kept bringing me sticks.  Collect a lot (as straight as possible but maybe with some quirks to them)
  You need:
  - 4 sticks of driftwood (whatever length depending on your picture size.  I like the frame to overlap a bit on the edges)
  - 1 piece of cardboard
  - 1 photo
  - glue gun
  - ball of leather cord
 
  I glue the picture to the cardboard (with a glue stick...I don't know if the hot glue would destroy it or not), and line the frame with the driftwood.  Then I just tie the corners together and after making sure its the right size for the picture, I glue it on top of the photo.  If some edges stick out from it I just snip them off.  Then you just glue on a loop of string onto the back to hang it and voila! You have a cheap frame that looks fun.  You could even get really artsy and add bits off moss or go for a "seaside" theme.